The growth of fans will allow amplifying effectively the content that your company shares on Facebook. The main strategies to grow fans on your Facebook page are:
1. Know your audience very well
The audience must be known with great precision, for which demographic aspects must be defined (age range, economic level, cultural level, place of residence, marital status, etc.) and psychographics (interests, lifestyles, personality, etc.) In-depth knowledge of the audience will ensure healthy growth of the number of fans of your Facebook page.
2. Customize your consistent Facebook profile with online channels
- Customize the profile of your company so that it has a professional aspect and is consistent with the website and the other social networks of the organization.
- Include a professional and persuasive banner.
- Select a good photo of the profile, if it is the logo; verify that when you reduce in size, you can understand it.
- Create a good description of the account using keywords.
3. Create valuable content on your Facebook page
To create content of added value for your audience, it is necessary to know it very well, in order to identify the type of content of interest. It is important to incorporate the content in different formats: photographs, infographic, videos and multimedia material.
The literal copy of website articles on the Facebook page should be avoided for the following reasons:
- Google will consider this practice as duplicate content, which causes a negative effect on search engine positioning.
- The communication tone of your website and your Facebook page should be different. The website has an institutional tone (equal to the physical world) and the tone of the Facebook page should be closer and warmer. To expand this aspect you can review a previous article called: The communication tones of companies in social networks, the blog and the website must be different.
4. Facebook Live program of interest to your audience
Online video days program with the Facebook Live tool with content of interest to your audience. Use Facebook Live to:
- Perform periodic interviews with characters.
- Cover events of interest to your audience in real time.
Some tips to get more out of your emissions are:
- Notify your fans of the broadcast, moments before it is broadcast.
- Ask your fans to subscribe to your broadcasts.
- Create an attractive description of the content of your video before launching the broadcast.
- It guarantees good access to the internet at the moment of launching the transmission.
- Mention the fans that comment on your broadcast.
- Be creative and surprise your fans in broadcasts.
5. Respond to comments and motivate the participation of your Facebook community
The Community Manager must be attentive to respond in a timely manner any concerns or comments. It is also important to ask questions to encourage community participation. When participation is achieved, it is said that engagement has been achieved on the Facebook page.
When comments are not answered on the Facebook page or are not published periodically it can impede the growth of the community and becomes a negative element for the reputation of the company.
6. Use Twitter to promote your Facebook page
Twitter has a great ability to spread content, that’s why it should be used to spread the Facebook post. The propagation work must be done manually to ensure that the promotion tweets are suitable for 140 characters.
Other ways to promote your Facebook page on Twitter are:
- Add the address in the description (bio) so that all your Twitter followers know that you have a Facebook page.
- Add the address of the Facebook page to the personalized Twitter banner.
7. Use your website to promote your Facebook page
You must integrate your website with the Facebook page. This integration can be in two ways:
- A “follow us on Facebook” button.
- Publication of the latest post and comments on the Facebook page on your website.
8. Use Facebook advertising to grow your followers
Facebook advertising is a very effective strategy to grow the number of fans on your page, since it allows you to segment the users that will be shown by age, location, studies, topics of interest, etc. Some studies show that it is the most important way to grow communities on Facebook pages. Although it is a quick and easy method to get fans for your Facebook page, you must take into account that you need to invest money to achieve it.
9. Have contests and activations on your Facebook page
Create contests that are specially designed for your audience. To be successful in competitions, keep in mind:
- The tool to administer the contest must be mature to avoid fraud.
- The prize must be of interest to the audience.
- The rules and conditions of use must be clear from the beginning.
- The rules of Facebook for the preparation of contests must be complied with.
10. Promote your Facebook page using e-mail
It is a recommended practice to add the address of your Facebook page in your e-mail signature, which will allow you to promote your Facebook page and therefore increase your visibility.
If you already have a database with permission to send emails, you must create a campaign to communicate the existence of your Facebook page.
11. Promote your Facebook page in the offline world
You must advertise your Facebook page in all offline promotion channels:
- Advertising material
- Business Cards
- Contact Center
Do you know any additional strategy to grow fans on your Facebook page? Tell us which one. I invite you to leave your opinion on this article or ask questions that I will gladly answer, to learn more about advertising on Facebook visit this article “The Online Advertising: Google Ads vs. Facebook Ads”.